Breast Lift & Breast Lift with Augmentation
A breast lift is a procedure that corrects by lifting and restoring shape to sagging breasts which have been lost due to breast feeding, age and weight loss. Often accompanied with a breast augmentation, this procedure provides projection and lift and is a popular choice for adding volume and enhanced shape to a woman's bust.
Breast Lift / Breast Lift & Augmentation Overview
|Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
|Included in price
Length of Surgery:
|2 - 3 hours
|2 - 3 nights
Time at Destination:
Hospital and Airport Transfers:
|Included in price
Post Op Recovery Time:
|6 - 12 months
Price - Breast Lift From:
|Price - Breast Lift with Augmentation From:
Please enquire below for a full breakdown of Procedure Pricing.
There are three major kinds of breast lifts, which all go by the names of the scars they leave behind:
The Donut: A donut-shaped incision is made around the areola. The amount of lift with this method is limited, so the technique offers mild correction for sagging.
The Lollipop: Vertical incisions circle the areola and go down. It is becoming a popular option as it offers correction for moderate to severe sagging.
The Anchor: This incision starts with lollipop incisions, then adds horizontal incisions along the breast crease. This is an older technique is that offers correction for extreme cases of sagging.
There are two basic types of breast implants that are used in augmentation, and while this is a decision to discuss with your surgeon in order to achieve the best results, it is important to do your research.
Saline: These implants are filled with saltwater solution and are slightly cheaper than silicone implants.
Silicone: These implants are filled with silicone gel, either cohesive gel or highly cohesive form-stable gel. While these are a little more expensive, people believe they feel more natural than saline implants.
Preparing for your Procedure:
It is important to discuss with your doctors and with us any:
- Medical conditions you have
- The medication you are taking - prescription, herbal and non-prescription
Once you arrive at your destination you will have a physical evaluation with your surgeon, where you will discuss your goals and concerns where you will finalise the plan for surgery. At this examination your surgeon will determine the best procedure for you and explain it to you in detail, including any limitations - after all, it is important that you head into surgery with realistic goals. It is during this examination that your surgeon will also make recommendations for other procedures.
In the lead-up to your surgery, it is important you do the following:
Stop smoking. Smoking can cause problems with circulation and increase the possibility of complications
What to Expect:
Length of surgery:
Breast lift surgery often requires at least one night stay and takes two to three hours to perform, depending on the extent of surgery.
Recovery and post-op care:
After your surgery, you will be in a surgical bra or bandaged. Because skin is removed and tissue is rearranged it takes time for the swelling to subside and your breasts to settle, so you can expect to be bruised, sore and swollen, but your surgeon will provide you with painkillers. It is important you discuss with your surgeon what to do and not to do during your recovery time as this varies person to person. But you should expect an average recovery of seven to ten days. During the first six weeks, it will likely be recommended you avoid exercise or lifting anything heavy, after this time you should be able to resume normal activity. Bandages are often removed after several days, and after that, it is often recommended you wear an athletic or support bra until swelling subsides.
It is imperative to understand that it may take several months for your breasts to settle into their new place and the full results of your augmentation may not be visible for many weeks. Also, feeling in your nipples can be temporarily reduced, but it usually returns as your breasts heal.
Length of stay:
It is recommended you stay on holiday for 10 nights, during which time you will have follow up appointments with your surgeon. To get the most out of your recovery time we suggest you partake in gentle exercise, yoga classes and treat yourself to some pampering. If you are feeling up to it, there is plenty to see and do in Phuket, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.
Preconditions and risks:
Risks and complications are minimised by using our highly-skilled, trusted doctors and nurses. However, with every precaution taken complications can still occur. These are rare and few patients experience any issues. If you have any concerns about your procedure and the possible preconditions and risks, discuss them with your doctor and nurses.
Potential Risks of Breast Implant include:
- There is the chance of a capsular formation, a fibrous layer our bodies forms naturally around foreign bodies, such as breast implants. This can distort the shape and feel of the breast and in rare cases lead to the capsule needing to be removed and the implant replaced. However, newer implants have reduced this problem.
- Some women have reported an increase or reduction in nipple sensation following breast enlargement. These are often temporary changes, but in few cases have be long term.
- Implants leading or breaking, which is very rare and less likely with modern implants. However, the shape and feel of the breasts can change if this were to happen, which could lead to the removal of the implant.
- The implant can sit partially above and partially below the inframammary fold, known as a double bubble.
- Skin can ripple and wrinkles can appear on the skin near the implant
- Breast implants could impact your ability to breastfeed, however, there no evidence suggests there are health risks to the child
- Excessive scarring
- It is important to read the general preconditions and risks page before any surgery
The best candidate is someone who is:
- Looking to restore their youthful appearance after sagging caused by ageing and gravity
- Seeking improvement not perfection
- Not planning on having children and/or breastfeeding. Pregnancy can stretch and reduce the volume of the breasts, these factors can counter the benefits of breast lift and augmentation surgery
- Unhappy with the shape of their breasts
- Fully developed
- Aware that shape and size of their breasts before surgery influences the outcome
As with any cosmetic surgery procedure, it is important to remember that your surgery will not turn you into someone else and you should not rely on your procedure to change your life. If you are considering undergoing a procedure it is imperative you speak to someone you trust, are happy in your life and are simply seeking to enhance your appearance and confidence, rather than looking to completely change who you are. It is equally important you are psychologically ready.
Other procedures to consider:
Non-surgical procedures can also be added to give an even more youthful appearance for returning home, such as cosmetic fillers for reducing fine lines of laser resurfacing and chemical peels.